Antioch A.M.E. Digital Archive

Souvenir Plate of Antioch A.M.E. Church, 1967

BL087.JPG
BL088.JPG

Dublin Core

Title

Souvenir Plate of Antioch A.M.E. Church, 1967

Subject

African American Episcopal Church -- History
Antioch A.M.E. Church (Decatur, Ga.)
African American churches--History

Description

This souvenir plate depicts the Hibernia Ave. Antioch A.M.E. Church with the text "ANTIOCH A.M.E. CHURCH / Decatur, Georgia / 1886 -- 1967." The plate was created by Preston-Hopkinson, Co out of Appomattox, Virginia. The back of the plate reads
"Preston-Hopkinson Co.
Appomattox, Virginia
For Decorative Use Only
ANTIOCH A.M.E. CHURCH, DECATUR, GEORGIA. Antioch African Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1868 by the local members of Decatur, Georgia, with the Reverent Jethro Brooks acting as the minister. A church was built in 1870 and remained on this location for ninety-seven years. The year 1965 a new church was built under the leadership of Dr. T. J. Flanagan where we are now located.
(Sold by usher Board No 2 of the Church)"

Creator

Preston-Hopkinson Co.

Source

Barbara Lowe Collection

Publisher

Stone Mountain, Ga. : Antioch A.M.E. Church

Date

1967

Contributor

Julia Brock
Annie Shirley

Rights

Copyright of digital items is held by the Antioch A.M.E. Church. This site and its collections are for research and educational purposes only. All queries about reproduction in digital or physical form must be directed to the site administrator.

Format

image/jpeg

Language

eng

Type

Image

Identifier

BL087, BL088

Coverage

Decatur, Georgia

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Plate

Files

BL087.JPG
BL088.JPG

Citation

Preston-Hopkinson Co., “Souvenir Plate of Antioch A.M.E. Church, 1967,” Antioch A.M.E. Digital Archive, accessed September 28, 2022, http://antiochamehistory.org/archive/items/show/149.

Comments